Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tully Lake Triathlon

A little throwback to one of my favorite western ma races, the Tully Lake Triathlon. I will miss this years event (2014) as I will be expecting my first daughter, Rose, to be born.

The Tully Lake Tri is a 5 mile paddle, 4.5 mile trail run, and 7.5 mile mountain bike. The paddle is scenic and the single track flowy.  The entire course is situated in the Trustees of Reservation Tully Lake in the peak of fall season. In technicality, I would rate the run as easy to moderate and the mountain bike intermediate with a few more technical stretches.

The race begins at Tully Lake Campground which makes for a super fun weekend getaway, Earlier, I raced the Peaked Mountain Birthday Trail run, another great Trustees race located in Monson, Ma and took home a 2 night stay at the Tully Lake campground (Peaked Mountain Birthday Run Race Report).  I am looking to using that prize to bring Rose to her first camping trip so she and mommy can ring some cowbell while daddy races the 2015 race.

Here is the 2013 video put together by Kevin Murphy. Thanks Kevin for the great footage!

No comments:

Post a Comment